Fact: People love to buy but … they are afraid to do so. Fear is the strongest sales objection you will ever have to deal with. In fact, it is the only one you will ever have to overcome. Anything else that might be preventing your prospects from buying from you has its roots in fear.
Price, time or other commitments are simply your prospects excuses for not wanting to admit that they do not feel secure to buy from you. Behind any sales objection hides one of such questions as:
- What will happen if I buy from you and things go wrong?
- What will be the consequences to me?
- Is my career, reputation or position at stake?
- What will my boss/spouse/family say?
- Is that really a necessary purchase?
- Will you provide me with enough support?
- What if I can get the item cheaper?
Buying poses a risk and quite often prospects take it on a personal level, fearing how much trouble they will get into if they buy from you. And, one of the most important things for you to do, regardless of whether you run your own business or work for a company, is to minimize that perceived risk. Failing at that means only one thing, no sale. (read the whole thing)
One of the easiest ways to increase your conversions is to use client testimonials and offer your potential client a very strong guarantee.